The Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast is an annual event that is sponsored and hosted through the joint cooperation of Pedersen & Partners and CMS. The event held in Amsterdam will bring together senior decision makers from Private Equity, mezzanine & venture funds, asset managers, financial institutions, advisory firms, family offices, and portfolio companies.
The purpose of this event is to bring together investment professionals to discuss and share experiences and comments regarding the current industry climate and future developments.
Poul Pedersen – Executive Chairman, Pedersen
Mark Ziekman – Partner, CMS Amsterdam
Erik Fuchs – Head of Benelux, Ufenau Capital Partners
Daan Gankema – Investment Director, Inflexion
John Luijs – Partner, DELTA Equity Partners
Brigitte van der Maarel – Managing Partner, Karmijn Kapitaal
Gerald Nijdam – Managing Director, Lazard
Richard Reis – Partner, Argos Wityu
Wouter Snoeijers – Senior Managing Director, Levine Leichtman Capital Partners
Sander van Woerden – Founding Partner, Lexar Partners
Panel discussion topics:
- Recent developments and trends in M&A in the Netherlands and the Benelux region – including deal flow, valuations, fundraising, availability of credit for leveraged financing, exit strategies, and co-investments.
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – FinTech, renewable energy, Life Sciences, IoT, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, EdTech, and ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) investing.
- Value creation – portfolio management strategies, turnaround and change management, the importance of human capital in due diligence, succession planning and key talent retention, the disconnect between deal valuations and company performance.
- Current valuation perspective (including equity and debt components) and is increasing regulation inhibiting deal-making activity and/or posing new challenges?
- Majority vs minority stakes held by PE funds – pros and cons and how this affects strategy.
- External factors – how will the mounting global energy, climate and cost-of-living crises as well as high interest rates, a looming financial crisis and the ongoing war in Ukraine, affect investor, lender, borrower, producer and consumer behaviours?
- Fund raising environment – who are the main sources of inbound capital: institutional investors, family offices, corporate ventures, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds.
- Outbound investment destinations – what geographies have the highest potential for Dutch PE firms and their portfolio companies (Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Americas).