The Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast is an annual event that is sponsored and hosted through the joint cooperation of Pedersen & Partners and CMS. This is the first event held in Paris and will bring together senior decision makers from Private Equity, mezzanine & venture funds, asset managers, financial institutions, advisory firms, family offices, and portfolio companies.
The purpose of this event is to bring together investment professionals to discuss and share experiences and comments regarding the current industry climate and future developments.
CMS Francis Lefebvre
2 rue Ancelle
The panel discussion will be held in English and will be moderated by:
Alexandre Delhaye – Partner Corporate/M&A CMS Francis Lefebvre
Alvaro Arias – Partner & Head of Private Equity Practice Pedersen & Partners
Sophie Chateau – Partner, Head of Investor Relations, LBO France
Dominique Gaillard – President, Armen
François-Xavier Mauron – Partner, Andera MidCap
Anne-Laurence Roucher – Deputy CEO, Head of Private Equity and Natural Capital, Mirova
Philip Szlang – Managing Director, Head of M&A West, Mutares
Séverine de Wulf – Managing Director, PAI Partners
- Recent PE investment and M&A activity and trends in France – including deal-flow, valuations, fund raising, private credit, leveraged and structured finance, exit strategies, co-investments, secondaries, GP stake transactions;
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, eCommerce, FinTech, Life Sciences, Environmental Social and Governance (ESG), EdTech;
- Value creation – portfolio management & asset class strategies, turnaround and change management, succession planning, talent acquisition and retention;
- How will the mounting global energy, climate and cost-of-living crises as well as rising interest rates and the ongoing war in Ukraine affect investor, producer and consumer behaviours?;
- Fund raising environment – who are the main sources of inbound capital: institutional investors, family offices, corporate ventures, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds;
- Outbound investment destinations – which geographies have the highest potential for French PE firms and their portfolio companies in EU, Americas, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East?