The Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast is an annual event that is sponsored and hosted through the joint cooperation of Pedersen & Partners and CMS. This is the first event held in Paris and will bring together senior decision makers from Private Equity, mezzanine & venture funds, asset managers, financial institutions, advisory firms, family offices, and portfolio companies.
The purpose of this event is to bring together investment professionals to discuss and share experiences and comments regarding the current industry climate and future developments.
The Charles Hotel
Tobias Schneider – Partner, Corporate/M&A, CMS Germany
Poul Pedersen – Executive Chairman, Pedersen & Partners
Christopher Apfel – Vice President, General Atlantic
Oliver Diehl – Managing Director, Jefferies
Hans Haderer – Partner, Ambienta
Philipp Hassanzadeh – Partner, Armira
Matthias Kreye – Managing Director, Deutsche Invest Mittelstand
Itziar Estevez Latasa – Partner, IRIS
Johannes Laumann – Chief Investment Officer, Mutares
Philipp Schult – Director, AlixPartners
Panel Discussion Topics:
- Recent M&A activity and trends in Germany – including deal-flow, valuations, fund raising, availability of credit for leveraged finance, exit strategies, co-investments;
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, eCommerce, FinTech, Life Sciences, Environmental Social and Governance (ESG), EdTech;
- Value creation – portfolio management & asset class strategies, turnaround and change management, succession planning, talent retention;
- How will the mounting global energy, climate and cost-of-living crises as well as high interest rates, a looming financial crisis and the ongoing war in Ukraine affect investor, lender, borrower, producer and consumer behaviors?;
- Fund raising environment – who are the main sources of inbound capital: institutional investors, family offices, corporate ventures, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds;
- Outbound investment destinations – which geographies have the highest potential for German PE and VC firms and their portfolio companies - EU, Americas, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East?