The Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast is an annual event that is sponsored and hosted through the joint cooperation of Pedersen & Partners and CMS.
This is the third event held in Dubai and will bring together senior decision makers from Private Equity, mezzanine & venture funds, asset managers, financial institutions, advisory firms, family offices, and portfolio companies.
The purpose of this event is to bring together investment professionals to discuss and share experiences and comments regarding the current industry climate and future developments.
United Arab Emirates
Waldorf Burj Daman Building
Michael Al-Nassir – Partner, Head of Private Equity APMEA, Pedersen & Partners
Graham Conlon – Partner, CMS
Semih Gökmen – Managing Director, A.P. Moller Capital
Zahid Kamal – Managing Director, Fajr Capital Group
Taimoor Labib – Founding Partner, Head of Middle East & North Africa (MENA) and Chairman of Africa, Affirma Capital
Omer Mahdi – Head of Middle East, M&A and Transaction Solutions, Aon
Asaad Salhab – Senior Operating Partner, Gulf Capital Ltd
Ankit Sarwahi – Partner, MEVP
Abdulaziz Shikh Al Sagha – General Partner, BECO Capital
Panel discussion topics:
- Outlook for early-stage, growth and buyout investment and M&A activity in the MENA region – including deal-flow, valuations, fund raising, private credit, leveraged and structured finance, exit strategies, co-investments, secondaries, GP stake transactions;
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, eCommerce, FinTech, Life Sciences, Environmental Social and Governance (ESG), EdTech;
- Value creation – portfolio management & asset class strategies, turnaround and change management, succession planning, talent acquisition and retention;
- How will the mounting global energy, climate and cost-of-living crises as well as rising interest rates and the ongoing war in Ukraine affect investor, producer and consumer behaviours?;
- Fund raising environment – who are the main sources of inbound capital: institutional investors, family offices, corporate ventures, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds;
- Outbound investment destinations – which geographies have the highest potential for GCC-based PE and VC funds and their portfolio companies: the EU, Americas, Asia Pacific, Africa?