The Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast is an annual event that is sponsored and hosted through the joint cooperation of Pedersen & Partners and CMS. The event will bring together senior decision makers from Private Equity, mezzanine & venture funds, asset managers, financial institutions, advisory firms, family offices, and portfolio companies.
The purpose of this event is to bring together investment professionals to discuss and share experiences and comments regarding the current industry climate and future developments.
Note: The panel discussion will be held in Spanish.
Alvaro Arias – Partner, Head of Private Equity Practice, Pedersen & Partners
Ignacio Zarzalejos – Partner, Corporate/M&A, CMS
José Arango López de Letona – Partner, Teset Capital
Leticia Bueno – Partner, Co-Head of the Junior Fund, Oquendo Capital
Manuel Blanco – Founding Partner, ABE Capital Partners
Alfonso Diaz de Atauri – Head of Iberia, Equitix
David Martin – Executive Director, Head of Private Equity Iberia, Tikehau Capital
Jose Megia – Investment Manager, Charme Capital Partners
Juan Eusebio Pujol – Operating Partner, Miura Partners
Agustin Vitorica – Founder & Co-CEO, GAWA Capital
Panel discussion topics:
- Recent developments and trends in M&A in Spain – including deal-flow, valuations, fundraising, availability of credit for leveraged financing, exit strategies, and co-investments.
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – FinTech, renewable energy, Life Sciences, IoT, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, EdTech, ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) investing.
- Value creation – portfolio management strategies, turnaround and change management, the importance of human capital in due diligence, succession planning and key talent retention, disconnect between deal valuations and company performance.
- External factors – how will the mounting global energy, climate and cost-of-living crises as well as high interest rates and the ongoing war in Ukraine affect investor, lender, borrower, producer, and consumer behaviours?
- Infrastructure – potential for both local and international investment and project development in renewable energy, water treatment, agriculture, and energy transition. Opportunities for collaboration with global infrastructure funds.
- Fund raising environment – who are the main sources of inbound capital: institutional investors, family offices, corporate ventures, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds?
- Outbound investment destinations – what geographies have the highest potential for Spanish PE firms and their portfolio companies (EU, LatAm, USA, Asia, North Africa)?