November 8th, 2023, Amsterdam
Pedersen & Partners together with CMS Netherlands hosted today the Benelux Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast. This well-attended event created a lively and agile atmosphere from renowned international private equity funds to discuss, debate, and network.
The panel discussions were led by
- Erik Fuchs – Head of Benelux, Ufenau Capital Partners
- Daan Gankema – Investment Director, Inflexion
- John Luijs – Partner, DELTA Equity Partners
- Brigitte van der Maarel – Managing Partner Karmijn Kapitaal
- Gerald Nijdam – Managing Director, Lazard
- Richard Reis – Partner, Argos Wityu
- Wouter Snoeijers – Senior Managing Director, Investment Originations
- Sander van Woerden – Founding Partner, Lexar Partners
The panel discussion was co-chaired by
- Mark Ziekman – Partner, CMS Amsterdam, and
- Poul Pedersen – Executive Chairman, Pedersen & Partners.
Here are the key takeaways summarized by Hans Lodewijks, Country Manager, Pedersen & Partners:
- External factors, such as high-interest rates, military conflicts, and low unemployment rates, have negatively impacted deal activity.
- While quality deals still attract considerable attention and good valuations, they are becoming less common.
- Leverage has become more expensive, and the IPO exit path is currently closed. The use of continuation funds is increasing
- Many funds have lots of dry powder, and new Benelux funds are still being raised
- ESG considerations, including diversity, are considered highly important among Benelux private equity and venture capital players.
Pedersen & Partners is a leading global Executive Search, Leadership Consulting, and Board Services firm. We operate 54 wholly owned offices in 50 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia & the Americas. Our values Trust, Relationship and Professionalism apply to our interaction with clients as well as executives.